Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Unbound - Georgia Bell

Unbound
Georgia Bell
Series: All Good Things, #1
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Word Rating: *Slow Clap*
On Goodreads

I'M CRYING. This was so phenomenal, literally stop whatever you're doing right now and get to this book.

This book is about a young girl named Rachel after her father dies - seems normal enough right? Not at all. Rachel is impossibly scared,but not to worry - she has a guardian angel. The hunky, kind, and oh so mysteriously damaged Eaden.

Eaden, who is immortal, has only one chance to finally die, a chance which can only be given to him by Rachel. However, he soon finds that after meeting Rachel, he doesn't want to die.

Enter a whirlwind romance.

Although I usually feel that whirlwind romances are rushed and never written well, I loved this one. Georgia Bell wrote about two insanely poignant characters that transformed into strong, confident people. The personal growth shown by Rachel and Eaden was tremendous and honestly really inspiring. It's so rare that characters are shown to grow as people in such a short period of time. Bell is a really great author, and I can't wait to see what comes next from her.

The reason this book didn't get 5/5 stars was because there were a few slow parts and one part of the book that seemed a tad unnecessary; however, this book was honestly one of the best I've read in 2013.

The romance between Rachel and Eaden is sparkling, and I ship it ultra hard. Go Raden? Eadchel? I'm still working on their amalgamation.

Enough about their romance. The idea of the book is one of the most creative paranormal ones I've read: I'm not usually a huge fan of this kind of literature, but Bell took my breath away with Rachel's power and her 1500 year old immortal guardian and even the internal power politics of the immortals. Even though this sounds a bit Twilight, I promise this is x19337282 better than that. This book is filled with plot twists and turns that I just cannot bear to give away.

CHRISTMAS EVE WORD OF ADVICE: DROP EVERYTHING. READ THIS. GO. YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL OK I PROMISE. WE CAN AWAIT THE RELEASE OF THE NEXT ONE.

Also, happy holidays guys♥

- Amrutha

How do you feel about whirlwind romances?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment