Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cover Cosmetics - Percy Jackson and the Olympians series - Rick Riordan

If you have yet to see the stunning new covers of the Percy Jackson series, you're about to. As the covers were revealed one by one, I fell in love with all of them - they are simply gorgeous and I love how they all connect together. Seeing the color scheme on the covers, I knew I had to do a cover cosmetics for it.

The covers:


The makeup:


For this look, I focused on the colors that really popped out to me when I was looking at the covers - the yellow cloud in the center, the orange cyclops, and the green and blues of the ocean and labyrinth. I also incorporated a little bit of purple from the ocean and clouds on the first cover. The colors don't show up quite as vibrant in this photo as they were in person, but the yellow and orange are on the lid with the blue in the outer crease, green in the inner crease, and purple on the inside of the blue in the outer corner. I also did a green, blue, and purple gradient on the lower lash line.

Although I didn't have time to do so before making this post, I'm planning on doing another more neutral look inspired by the spines that go with these new covers. Hopefully soon, so stay tuned!

- Kiersten

What do you think of the new covers?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment