Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Cover Cosmetics: Unmade - Sarah Rees Brennan

In the past week I have posted a Cover Cosmetics for Unspoken (here) and for Untold (here) in anticipation of the final book in the Lynburn Legacy. Today, Unmade has been released! In celebration of this glorious day, I have done a Cover Cosmetics for Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan! (Even though school won't allow me to read this book now. Sob.)

The cover:


The makeup:


Normally I do more wearable makeup, but for Unmade I decided to get a little more creative! I used the orange and yellow to mimic the colors of the sky on the cover. One thing I wanted to explore with this was that if you really look at the cover, about half of it is black but the orange pops out to the eye. I decided to do black cut crease to copy the sharp silhouettes on the cover and I drew the tree branches on to copy the tree branches (you definitely needed me to tell you that).

I hope everyone starting Unmade today has tissues near - I'm sure this one will be as heartbreaking as the other two!

- Kiersten

Do you like more wearable or more creative makeup looks?
Let us know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! Totally wearable during the fall/halloween time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't even think of it that way, but you're so right - it really does have a fall vibe to it. Also very appropriate since it was the first day of fall :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous. I adore this trilogy and have finished an earc of Unmade some time ago. You wont be disappointed ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And that's great to hear! I can't wait to get to it, probably during fall break or something.

      Delete