Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cover Cosmetics: The Blood of Olympus - Rick Riordan

Today is the day - The Blood of Olympus, the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, has been released! For the past three days, We Live and Breathe Books has been counting down to this glorious day, starting with a Stuffed Animal Saturday from Amrutha, then a playlist inspired by the Percy Jackson series from Noor, then some of Marlon's favorite fanart. Now today, in honor of the release, I decided to do this Cover Cosmetics!

The cover:


The makeup:


I really liked doing an abstract look when I did my Cover Cosmetics for Unmade, so I decided to do another abstract makeup look for The Blood of Olympus! For the makeup, I focused mostly on the sky. I really liked the way the clouds looked, so I tried to replicate that. From the darker clouds, I transitioned to lighter clouds and then to the lighting from Jason's sword.

Even though I won't be able to read The Blood of Olympus for a while, I'm so excited that the wait is over. Here's to hoping there won't be a cliffhanger... Happy reading to all the half-bloods out there!

- Kiersten

Do you like more wearable or more creative makeup looks?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment