Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Review: The Lost Chalice - Anita Clenney

The Lost Chalice
Anita Clenney 
Series: Relic Seekers, #3
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Thanks to Montlake Romance for the eARC I received via Netgalley!

I normally write quite a bit in my reviews; however, this one is going to be on the shorter side.

I was beyond excited when I saw that The Lost Chalice was available "Read Now" on Netgalley - I really enjoyed the first two books, giving the first 4 stars and the second 4.5 stars. I had high hopes for this third book in the series based on the first two. Unfortunately, upon reading it, I was immensely let down.

My biggest problem with The Lost Chalice is that it should have been the last book in the series. To clarify, what I mean to say is that I thought it was going to be the last book in the series, and I was really annoyed when it was not.

Besides not being the series finale I expected, I also felt that The Lost Chalice was a bit anticlimactic. What I expected was a fast paced, action packed story about finding lost relics (as the first two books provided); what I got was a somewhat unexciting search. Occasionally there was something that pulled me in, but for the most part, I felt like the story was pulled a little too long for what actually happened. My main memory of this book is that there was a lot of walking around.

All in all, I will definitely still read the next book in this series - I am really invested in what happens with these people! I hope that the next book (possibly the actual finale?) goes back to being as action packed and enticing as the first two books for. It's just unfortunate that this book was a bit of a lull in the series.

- Kiersten

Have you read any series with a middle book that was disappointing?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment