Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stuffed Animal Saturday: A Million Miles Away - Lara Avery

Stuffed Animal Saturday is a meme that we post here at We Live and Breathe Books to showcase the book we're currently reading with one of our favorite stuffed animals and discuss our stuffed animal's opinion (well, it's really our opinion, but that's besides the point). We hope you enjoy our quirky feature as much as we enjoy writing it!

First things first (I'm the realest), I need to apologize for the awful picture quality. My room doesn't have the best lighting even when it isn't three in the morning so I just needed to acknowledge that I know it's a bad picture and I hope you won't think lesser of me (even tho I'm thinking lesser of me). Anyway, Lizard and I are currently reading A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery!

So far: Okay, so if we're being real, while it technically is our currently reading, I haven't started yet, because I just finished what I was reading before this last night (tonight????? I don't know, time is an illusion it was recently) but judging by the blurb it looks really interesting and I'm really excited and I can't wait, but it's also described as "perfect for fans of Nicholas Sparks" and I'm really not into Nicholas Sparks, I think he's hella extra, so I'm not sure if I should be apprehensive or if I should take that with a grain of salt and figure it's just for marketing purposes. Either way, I'm very interested in seeing where the story goes!

Sneak peek: Since we haven't gotten a chance to start yet, we'll share the blurb and let you decide if A Million Miles Away is your cup of tea.
When high school senior Kelsey's identical twin sister, Michelle, dies in a car crash, Kelsey is left without her other half. The only person who doesn't know about the tragedy is Michelle's boyfriend, Peter, recently deployed to Afghanistan. But when Kelsey finally connects with Peter online, she can't bear to tell him the truth. Active duty has taken its toll, and Peter, thinking that Kelsey is Michelle, says that seeing her is the one thing keeping him alive. Caught up in the moment, Kelsey has no choice: She lets Peter believe that she is her sister.  
As Kelsey keeps up the act, she crosses the line from pretend to real. Soon, Kelsey can't deny that she's falling, hard, for the one boy she shouldn't want.
Since Lizard and I got an ARC from BEA, there are still a few weeks until the book comes out, but in the meantime, watch out for a review and find out whether Lara Avery hits or misses the mark with this romance.

- Noor

Are you and your stuffed animal reading anything interesting? 
Let us know in your own Stuffed Animal Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment