Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I'd Love to See as Movies or TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here at We Live and Breathe Books, two of us choose five books each week. This weeks topic is...


Books I'd love to see as movies or TV shows!

Kiersten's Picks

Landline
Rainbow Rowell
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

During her panel at BookCon, Rainbow Rowell said that she wrote Landline to be very cinematic. I think she accomplished this swimmingly. Landline has so many moments that would be so epic on screen. I've love to see this as a movie!


Cinder
Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles, #1

I just recently read Cinder, and I couldn't help but feel like the story would be a great movie! Obviously Cinderella story movies have been done before, but I think this one would translate very differently on screen. Based on the end and what I've read so far of Scarlet, The Lunar Chronicles would be a great set of movies!

Throne of Glass
Sarah J. Maas
Throne of Glass, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Throne of Glass is such a fantastic and epic story, especially accompanied by the later books in the series. I'm not sure if it would work as a movie, since there are a lot of things happening in this book and I wouldn't want to lose important plot points, but perhaps it would work as a television series, encompassing the entire book series!

Compulsion
Martina Boone
The Heirs of Watson Island, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

I absolutely loved Compulsion, and I think it would make a great movie. Not only does this book have epic moments and lots of twists and turns and mystery but also has a sweet romance. I'd love to see this magical story translated to the big screen!

Virgin
Radhika Sanghani

When I read Virgin, it reminded me a lot of MTV's "Awkward." With the success of "Awkward." and Virgin's comedic charm, I think Virgin would be a great movie. It's a very awkward and life-like story, and something I think most women would be able to relate to.

Noor's Picks

Partials 
Dan Wells
Partials Sequence, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

This book isn't your typical apocalyptic dystopia -- it's refreshing and a wonderful read and I think it would translate very well to the screen. It has the right amount of action, shock factor, and substance drawing a person in to make it worthy of adaptation and I just really really enjoy the story and personally would love to see it played out in front of me.

Since You've Been Gone
Morgan Matson
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

If you remember our triple review, we all raved about this book and for good reason. It's so well-written and fun to read and would make an excellent movie because the very thing that moves the plot along also provides for the bulk of the character and relationship development too so everything is fun and fast-paced and makes you feel good and I can totally see this being a summer movie I watch over and over again.

Graceling
Kristin Cashore
Graceling Realm, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Graceling has so much vivid imagery and worldbuilding that it'd be super interesting to see it played out as a movie or TV show. While it is a fantasy book, I feel like it's so atypical and has so much more to offer than just the same tired old tropes that it would be worth watching.

Eleanor and Park
Rainbow Rowell
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Honestly, I feel like every one of Rainbow Rowell's works deserves a movie adaptation. Kiersten talked about Landline already and I was debating between this and Fangirl because I didn't want to have two things by the same author on my list and I ended up picking this but I'd love to see both on the screen. Anyway, I can just imagine certain scenes so clearly in my head and I think it would be such a cute, romantic, heart-wrenching movie if it were made.

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn
Alison Goodman
Eon, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Another fantasy series, this one focuses on a girl masquerading as a boy so she can be trained, which ups the risk and the suspense factor and makes it something I would definitely want to watch. This is another book that doesn't fall into many typical tropes and is a nice, refreshing read so I'd love to see it as a movie or TV show as well.



What books would you like to see as movies?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment