Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Books on my TBR for Summer 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Here at We Live and Breathe Books, two of us choose five books each week. This weeks topic is...


Books on my TBR for summer 2015!

Kiersten's Picks

A lot of the books on my TBR for this summer are ARCs from BEA. Since there are previously released books on my TBR as well, I decided to list those here instead!

Fairest
Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

I recently binged Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, and now I'm really excited to get even more of the Lunar Chronicles in Fairest! Even though Fairest isn't a continuation of the story like Winter is (sob), I'm sure it will still be excellent. I was able to get a signed copy during BEA, so it's definitely a priority for non-ARC books this summer!

Unraveled
Gennifer Albin
Crewel World, #3

I read the first two Crewel World books a while ago, but I've been putting off reading the final book. Since I challenged myself to complete 8 series this year, I want to get to this one this summer so I can get closer to my goal. Finishing this series is way past due!

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Jesse Andrews
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

I'm definitely late to the party about reading this one. I heard great things about this book a long time ago (I think 2 years ago?), but when I read the synopsis, it just didn't sound like it was for me. Fast forward to now and the movie looks awesome and Jesse Andrews is hilarious. I definitely need to read this one before seeing the movie!

The Diviners
Libba Bray
The Diviners, #1
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

I've had The Diviners for a while, but I've never picked it up since it's really long, and sometimes long books are hard for me to pick up for reading since they're kind of daunting. However, since I got an ARC of Lair of Dreams at BEA, I need to read this before the second book! Plus I heard it's amazing, so that's cool too.

Every Day
David Levithan
Every Day, #1

I'm really late to the party with this one. Since I wasn't really a reader until the end of my junior year of high school, I missed out on reading a lot of really essential books from before then. At least I can read this one this summer before jumping into Another Day, which I picked up at BEA.

Noor's Picks

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
Jennifer E. Smith
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Even though this doesn't come out until September, I have a signed ARC from BEA and seeing it sitting in on the sofa in my room is making me anxious because Jennifer E. Smith is perfect so even though I might pick up some books coming out sooner first, this is definitely a summer priority!

Bream Gives Me Hiccups
Jesse Eisenberg
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

As I've mentioned before, Jesse Eisenberg is an actor I love who starred in my favorite movie, so this book is at the top of my list too, but like the last one, it's an early September release I have a signed ARC of from BEA so I might not get around to reading it until later so all my posts aren't Save the Dates and I have things to post in the early summer. Anyway, I am excited for his stories!

Royal Wedding
Meg Cabot
The Princess Diaries, #11
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

Honestly, I'm so invested in these books after spending the better part of my preteen years taking out stacks of Meg Cabot books from the library and reveling in them that to not have the 11th Princess Diaries book on my summer TBR list would be close to a sin. I have followed this series into my teen years and I will follow it forevermore. I can't wait to see what this book has in store!

Anna and the French Kiss
Stephanie Perkins
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

I have been hearing great things about Stephanie Perkins's books since right after her first book was published and was fairly unknown and now she has MORE books and so MUCH love and I am trash for still having not read even her first book so I will do it this summer.


Dumplin'
Julie Murphy
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

And here we have another September release I got at BEA -- clearly I have a type. Anyway, I really want to read this book because it just looks so good and I can't wait until it comes out if I already have it. I mean, it has a plus sized protagonist whose character arc isn't automatically that she hates her body in the beginning and then slowly begins to learn to accept herself (you can tell this from the blurb). I am definitely looking forward to the direction Murphy takes this book and looking at the reviews, I'm optimistic!

What's on your summer TBR?
Let us know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I still need to read The Diviners too! Now that Lair of Dreams is in our hands, hopefully we'll get to it soon :) I have yet to read Every Day or Crewel but I have read Fairest and definitely recommend that one. It's always cool to get the villain's perspective^^ Good luck with all the books on your Summer tbr Kiersten! x

    ReplyDelete