Sunday, July 3, 2016

Emily from Emily Reads Everything Talks Baking (SBPT)


As I mentioned in the last Previously post, We Live and Breathe Books (Kiersten in particular) will be participating in the Summer Blog Promo Tour hosted by The Book Bratz! That means, every Sunday in July and August, we'll be hosting a different blogger to spread the love. I hope you enjoy all the fun content we come up with!

This week, we're hosting Emily from Emily Reads Everything, and she's talking about baking!



I’m Emily from Emily Reads Everything. I’m also very active on twitter at @emren, and on instagram at @emilyreadseverything. I’m running a giveaway for a bunch of books here if you want to enter.

I’m a person with many interests. I bounce from one hobby to another. Book Blogging is really the only thing I’ve ever done consistently for any period of time. I’ve had periods of time when I focused on crochet, sewing, knitting (never got the hang of this), biking, geocaching, playing ingress, roleplaying games and cosplay. I start a hobby, buy a bunch of materials for that hobby, begin a big project, then lose interest or get distracted. Maybe you can relate? So not too long ago, my baking caught my interest. I started small, using boxed mixes and canned frosting. Even with all the ingredients in front of you, it can be a daunting task. Cakes can be difficult. They are prone to falling and can be a mess. I had a few big disasters.

Then I started researching recipes to bake cakes from scratch. There are so many food and cooking blogs online with fantastic recipes. Getting your recipes online though also can mean that they haven’t been sufficiently tested. Just recently I found a delicious looking recipe for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate peanut butter frosting. However, after following it exactly and refrigerating the frosting for 8 hours, it was still frosting soup. I ending up using the first frosting recipe (the soup) as a filling and I made a tried and true peanut butter frosting as the actual topping.

The recipe I’m proudest of perfecting is my butterbeer cupcakes!


These cupcakes require a from scratch cake base, a filling and a frosting, so they aren’t for the faint of heart. Still, they are worth every bit of the effort. They are sweet and buttery and delicious. After having butterbeer for the first time this week, I can tell you that these are a fairly good representation of the real thing! If you want to try to make them yourself, check out the recipe from Erica’s Sweet Tooth. I’d love to see pictures when you are done! Good luck!


- Emily

What are some of your hobbies?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment