Sunday, February 19, 2017

#SignedBookSunday: The Iron Warrior


The Iron Warrior 
Julie Kagawa
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Goodreads

I guess you already know, that I like to read books, but I also like to bookstagram. I must warn you, though, me bookstagramming is like me singing or dancing. I enjoy it, but I am not very good at it. With that said, I decided I would participate in #SignedBookSunday.


I selected The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa. I got this book signed when I met Kagawa at YallFest back in 2015. When I was reading the inscription, I remembered the conversation Kagawa and I had regarding why I had not yet read this book. I had to admit to her, that I loved the series, and I was afraid of the ending not being satisfying and of leaving the world behind.

When this book came out, I had already read 6 books and 2 novellas set in this world. I was entrenched in the Nevernever. I was invested in the lives of these characters, and then Kagawa tweets about how she killed 2 characters. I couldn't read it. I just imagined the worst and I could not bring myself to read the book. I was so stressed out and worried about her ruthlessly ending the book, that I avoided it.

Julie Kagawa was so sweet, and assured me that it was an ending I could live with, and it was. It wasn't all neat in a bow and whatnot, but it was satisfying and I could live with it. I do miss those characters and that world, but I am grateful for the experience, and well, I could just re-read the books.









Is there a world you were reluctant to leave? 
Do you put off series finales?
Let us know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I still need to read this one too. I'm often like this with final books in series. It's like I just can't bring myself to read them.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was kind of interesting that way it came full circle. There is a parallel in this book that was in the third Iron Fey book. You will see when you read it. Either way, JK did not take the easy way out, but she also did not shred my heart.

    ReplyDelete