Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Love is Both Wave and Particle - Paul Cody

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on Love is Both Wave and Particle by Paul Cody.

Love is Both Wave and Particle 
Paul Cody
Series: N/A
Release Date: August 1,  2017
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Waited on by: Sam

This achingly beautiful novel considers how to measure love when it has the power to both save and destroy.

Levon Grady and Samantha Vash are both students at an alternative high school for high-achieving but troubled teens. They have been chosen for a year-long project where they write their life stories and collect interviews from people who know them. The only rule is 100% confidentiality—they will share their work only with each other. What happens will transform their lives.

Told from the perspectives of Levon, Sam, and all the people who know them best, this is a love story infused with science and the exploration of identity. Love Is Both Wave and Particle looks at how love behaves in different situations, and how it can shed light on even the darkest heart.




Confession: I saw this title, and the science geek in me got very excited. To see a book title hint to wave-particle duality, one of the Einstein's concepts which marked an early break from classical physics and a major step towards quantum mechanics, made my heart skip a beat. I was intrigued.

I <3 Einstein

I am a lover of contemporary romances, so that coupled with the title would be enough to get me to read the book, but the blurb ratcheted up my interest a little more. High achieving troubled teens. There's a demo we read a lot about, and the story is "infused with science"!!! Count. Me. In.












What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. OMG this sounds adorable! Admittedly I'm not the biggest science geek around (in fact, I was horrid at science in school) but I'm always into more STEM rep in contemporary works. And this one sounds like it might even be an epistolary novel, which are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love epistolary novels! One of my 2016 faves was epistolary (We Are Still Tornadoes), and any STEM seeds we can plant are a good thing (I used to teach chemistry)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm a very science-y person so I'm curious to see just how much depth the science aspect of this book has. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Sam. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious as well. You have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  3. How interesting! This one is new to me but I like the sound of it. I hope you enjoy it once you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it lives up to the greatness of its name. =)

      Delete
  4. Love the premise of this one. So unique. Hope it is everything you hope it is, Sam! :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete