Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Reads - Part II

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is...

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2017!

I know I always say this, but once again, I struggled with this list. The difficulty was not that I could not think of ten anticipated books, but rather, I am anticipating so many! I went through my preliminary list and eliminated books I have already read and books that have been featured on Can't Wait Wednesday, and I found that I still had a fairly long list. Therefore, I decided to select two books per month. Below, I present you with my Top Ten Twelve Most Anticipated Books!

This is How It Happened
Paula Stokes
Series: N/A
Release Date: July 11, 2017
Publisher: HarperTeen

I am a fan of Paula Stokes. I am always amazed by her depth. She has such a diverse canon of work, and has impressed me with doing such varied genres so well. I am intrigued by the sound of the this one. The mystery coupled with this idea of the internet acting as judge and jury. I am very interested to see what Stokes does with this concept.

What to Say Next
Julie Buxbaum
Series: N/A
Release Date: July 11, 2017
Publisher: Delacorte Press

Julie Buxbaum won my heart with Tell Me Three Things, and she solidified my fan status with her adult novels (The Opposite of Love, After You). So, I kind of didn't even have to read the blurb before I added this to my TBR, but when I did, I knew it was a total Sam-book.

The Dazzling Heights
Katharine McGee
Series: The Thousandth Floor, #2
Release Date: Aug 29, 2017
Publisher: HarperCollins

I loved The Thousandth Floor, and the ending totally left me wanting. I thought the idea of a mini New York encompassed in a building was very interesting, and it totally played out with a Gossip Girl vibe that I was all over. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Kissing Mark Holden
Katy Upperman
Series: N/A
Release Date: Aug 1, 2017
Publisher: Swoon Reads

A friends to reluctant lovers tale. I always like a story, where the hero and heroine try to deny their feelings. If it's done right, it could be great, and early reviews are pointing to a great but complicated romance. Count me in!

Genuine Fraud
E. Lockhart
Series: N/A
Release Date: Sept 5, 2017
Publisher: Delacorte Press

Lockhart blew me away with We Were Liars, and I also really enjoyed the Ruby Oliver books. However, it has been a while since her last release, and that just makes me more excited for this book.

Moxie
Jennifer Mathieu
Series: N/A
Release Date: Sept 19, 2017
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press

I have been a Mathieu fan since The Truth About Alice, and have really enjoyed her subsequent books. So imagine my glee, when I saw a book with an empowered heroine with a Riot Grrrl mom, who is harnessing the female population of her school for a revolution, AND it's written by Mathieu. Oh yeah!

Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me
Carrie Ann DiRisio
Series: N/A
Release Date: Oct 3, 2017
Publisher: Skypony Press

I found this book, while researching the books dropping at BEA, and was instantly won over by the title. After I checked the synopsis, I was totally sold. It sounds like it will be tongue-in-cheek fun, and I am all for a fun read.

The Curses
Laure Eve
Series: The Graces, #2
Release Date: Oct 10, 2017
Publisher: Amulet Books

I am so ready to get back into the world of The Graces. The ending of The Graces took me by surprise, and I am really eager to continue the story.

Whichwood
Tahereh Mafi
Series: Companion to Furthermore
Release Date: Nov 14, 2917
Publisher: Dutton Books for Young Readers

I adored Furthermore! It was such a fun and whimsical story. So, I was bouncing with joy, when I heard there would be a companion. I hope Mafi delivers more of that heartfelt fairytale adventure.

The Afterlife of Holly Chase
Cynthia Hand
Series: N/A
Release Date: Nov 7, 2017
Publisher: HarperTeen

I love A Christmas Carol, and am always up for a good re-telling. This one sounds like it puts a great spin on this classic tale by having the Ghost of Christmas Past trying to change her afterlife.

Prince in Disguise
Stephanie Kate Strohm
Series: N/A
Release Date: Dec 19, 2017
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

It's Not Me, It's You was one of my favorite books of 2016. It was so fun and fresh, it put Strohm on my short-list of auto-buy authors. I see so many great possibilities with the concept of this book, and I feel confident that Strohm will execute it well.

The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
Laura Creedle
Series: N/A
Release Date: Dec 26, 2017
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers

A love story between an ADHD heroine and an autistic hero, who share a love of ancient love letters sounds like something fresh and new. Early reviews are all glowing, and I am really excited to let this one hit me in the feels.





What are some of your anticipated reads?
Let us know in the comments!

32 comments:

  1. I was really interested in The Thousandth Floor, so with the sequel coming I really should read it. What To Say Next looks great (I love that cover)!!. And Paula Stokes does seem to do something different with each book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about Stokes. How her books are so different from each other.

      Delete
  2. Hah yes I always have too many too. Genuine Fraud made my list and although not on my TTT list I'm looking forward to The Curses too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The struggle of the bookworm. We want to read them all. =)

      Delete
  3. I have What to Say Next on my list and am also interested in the Paula Stokes book. There are a couple of here I totally forgot about like Genuine Fraud. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many incredible books coming out.

      Delete
  4. Moxie got a big fat yes from me earlier this year, but my goodness Brooding YA Hero just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was telling me Brooding YA Hero is based on a Twitter account. It sounds like it may deliver lots of laughs

      Delete
  5. I still need to read The Thousandth Floor. I've heard nothing but good things about it and with the sequel coming I need to do so ASAP....gives me an excuse to binge read ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed The futuristic NYC in book one, and the final scene definitely left me wanting more

      Delete
  6. I loved Julie Buxbaum's Tell Me Three Things; how did I not know about her newest book coming out? AHHH!!!!

    ~Cassie @ Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buxbaum won me with Tell Me Three Things and all early reviews for the new book are positive

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to read What to Say Next Julie Buxbaum. I actually read The Opposite of Love first and couldn't get enough. I will need to check out some of your other books on your list! Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see another blogger reading the Buxbaum book, I turn green. I am totally Veruca about this one - I want it now 😄

      Delete
  8. Hope you enjoy all these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/30/top-ten-tuesday-109/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of most of these! I liked E. Lockhart's recent book so that one has caught my interest. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a while since E. Lockhart released a book, and I so enjoyed her others, so I am chomping at the bit for this. Cashore is another one I am more than eager to read, since it's been so long since the Graceling series concluded. There is the tease of a new Jandy Nelson as well, but it's been a while since I head an update about her new book. *sob*

      Delete
  10. I just started following the Brooding YA Hero on Twitter, didn't realize it would be an actual book! Thanks for cluing me into this one! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea about Brooding YA Hero until my daughter told me. I had so much fun reading his tweets. It's making me even more excited about this book.

      Delete
  11. I hadn't realized that Brooding YA Hero had a cover. Yay!! I'm also really looking forward to What to Say Next and The Dazzling Heights.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the kid gets an ARC of Brooding at BEA, and I would lose my stuff if I could get What to Say Next early. That has been one of my biggest ARC-envy books this year.

      Delete
  12. Definitely excited for What to Say Next! I just loved Tell Me Three Things and I can wait to read more from Buxbaum. And Kissing Max Holden... I forgot about that one! I've been following Katy Upperman for a couple years and seeing the journey as she was writing, querying, etc all the way to publication has been so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first I have heard of Upperman, but I read this synopsis and could almost believe the book was written just for me.

      Delete
  13. YES! I'm dying to read Genuine Fraud, too. Her novel The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks is one of my favourite pre-blogging YA books and so far none of her other works have reached those heights for me. I'm also very excited to read Whichwood, mostly because of that gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ha Frankie since I went to Yallfest in 2015. I am the worst at reading my physical books, but this is the year, because I slated that book for a reading challenge. I am really lucky that my daughter got an ARC of Genuine Fraud from her bookstore job. Trying to hold off r

      Delete
  14. Ugh, YES TO ALL OF THIS! Can’t wait for BROODING YA HERO, especially. That one I’m sure is going to be hilarious. Great picks and happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think Brooding will be fantastic, if his Twitter is any indication

      Delete
  15. I've got my eye on What To Say Next. I really liked Tell Me Three Things and am looking forward to reading more books by this author. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read adult novels, Buxbaum's other books were great too.

      Delete
  16. Such a great list! I'm a huge fan of Paula Stokes so I definitely need to check out this new one! Very excited for a new Cynthia Hand novel as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stokes always delivers a good experience for me, and I am sort of excited to see what Hand does on her own, because I adored Lady Jane so much.

      Delete