Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR!

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is...

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR!

I want to read about 3,876,941 books that are being released this fall, but since this is an impossible feat, I had to prioritize. These are ten books that I will definitely be reading this fall, and the chances are really, really good since I have all these books already.

Brooding YA Hero
Carrie Ann DiRisio
Series: n/a
Publisher: Skypony Press

I love reading this guy's tweets, and now I get a whole book. What more could I ask for. Kiersten has already read it, and said it's hilarious, so that makes me even more excited, because she knows what I like. The combination of the Brooking YA Hero's humor and the fun illustrations is a guaranteed winner for me.

Haunting the Deep
Adriana Mather
Series: How to Hang a Witch, #2
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

Both Kiersten and I were big fans of How to Hang a Witch, and we were really excited when we heard Mather was going back into her family history for another story. Kiersten has already read it and awarded it 5-stars. This makes me think I have another great read in store for me.

Ringer
Lauren Oliver
Series: Replica, #2
Publisher: HarperCollins

I enjoyed Replica, and am really interested in seeing where Oliver takes this story. I read the first book in a straight forward way, Gemma's story and then Lyra's. Maybe this time I will start with Lyra's story. It's a fun feature to allow some choice, and I am curious if it affects the way one understands the story.

Warcross
Marie Lu
Series: Warcross, #1
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

It has been killing me to hold off on reading this, but I am saving it for a reading challenge. I love Marie Lu, so there is that, but I keep seeing rave, after rave, after rave, and once again, Kiersten approves. Needless to say, I'm excited.

Top Ten
Katie Cotugno
Series: n/a
Publisher: Balzer + Bray

I am a pretty solid Katie Contugno fan, and I am in love with this concept. These books where friends are at the end of high school and preparing to move on to college can be very bittersweet, and I like that these two unlikely friends spend that in-between time counting down their top ten friendship moments. Awwwwww.

The Memory of Trees
Kali Wallace
Series: n/a
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

I know you're thinking this is on the darker side and sounds a little sad, so you are probably wondering how this one got on my TBR. I like the air of mystery and I love magical realism. Early reviews are talking about secrets, a generations old family feud, and beautiful writing. So, count me in.

The House at 758
Kathryn Berla
Series: n/a
Publisher: Amberjack Publishing

This one may be a little sad based on the synopsis and the black rain cloud on the cover. BUT the main character is also grieving her mother's death, and you know, grief books have been hits for me this year.

Kat and Meg Conquer the World
Anna Priemaza
Series: n/a
Publisher: HarperTeen

This one promises friendship and fandoms. How could I lose? Early reviews are calling it fun and fluffy, and they name drop many of my favorite contemporary writers in the synopsis. I think it may be fabulous for me.

Here We Are Now
Jasmine Warga
Series: n/a
Publisher: Blazer + Bray

A girl, who is a fan of a rock star, discovers she is his secret daughter. She journeys with him to meet the extended family she never knew. I like the secret daddy thing, he's a rock star, and it sounds like Warga did not go with the most common angle with respect to how this will play out. Sounds fun and emotional.

Now Is Everything
Amy Giles
Series: n/a
Publisher: HarperTeen

I saw that this is told in alternating present and past chapters, and I am always game for something a little different. I actually really like a non-linear timeline, because it usually results in a lot of buildup and tension. This one sounds really emotional as it deals with abuse and suicide, but it could be powerful too.





What's on your Fall TBR?
Let us know in the comments!

40 comments:

  1. Great list! I hadn't heard of The Memory of Trees before, but it sounds so good. Can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Memory of Trees is a little bit different for me, but I like the multi-generational thing it's hinting at, and I need a little mystery in my life

      Delete
  2. Top Ten made my list too. I can't wait to see what you think of Ringer. I didn't love the first book so I am hesitant. Kat and Meg Conquer the World looks good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really intrigued by Kat and Meh. I am always looking for books with female friendships and fandom are always fun.

      Delete
  3. I like books that surprise me, so I may check out Now is Everything. Thanks for sharing it!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/09/books-i-just-might-read-this-fall-if-i.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a fan of TTTs, because we get to share and discover so many books.

      Delete
  4. OMG I completely forgot about Ringer for my list!! It's actually one of my most anticipated books of the fall. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it. I recently discovered The Memory of Trees, and I'm looking forward to reading it as well. Plus I'd read anything involving family feuds and secrets :) Great list, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Replica thinking it was a stand alone. Thank goodness it wasn't, because that story was not done.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've heard of a lot of these - thanks so much for sharing! I love finding new books. Fall has SO many great books coming out.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im super excited about warcross as well. Awesome picks! There are so many fall releases I am excited about and so many series I want to continue/start!

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs
    My Fall TBR picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Replica. I can't decide about Brooding YA Hero or not. Great list!
    Check out my Top 10


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooding looks like the kind of humor I enjoy, and if Kiersten thinks I'll like it, I most like will. She knows me so well.

      Delete
  8. The Memory of Trees sounds fascinating!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really intrigued by the description, so I had to request it.

      Delete
  9. Brooding YA Hero will definitely find its way into my must read list ♡
    I still haven't gotten to How To Hang A Witch! I'll have to prioritize it C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved How to Hang a Witch, so I was really excited that there would be more books. I think Brooding will totally be a hit for me.

      Delete
  10. I am on the same page there are a lot of new Fall releases coming out I want to read. I definitely want to read Ringer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really interested in seeing where Oliver goes with that story.

      Delete
  11. OOoh nice picks! Some new to me ones though I really enjoyed Ringer and Warcross! Hope you end up loving all of these!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I am really excited about both of those.

      Delete
  12. I'm starting Warcross this week *fingers crossed* A few of these are in my wishlist, but I don't have them :( I hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only hearing good things about Warcross, so I hope we aren't the black sheep.

      Delete
  13. Brooding YA Hero is going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so mad when my co-blogger took the book to school, but soon, I will read it soon.

      Delete
  14. So many of these are new to me, but you're right, there are a ton of great books coming out this fall! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ringer SHOULD be on my list except I still haven't managed to read Replica---need to get on that soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't read them all. I need to finish so many series. This one, I have the book and it's only a duology. I am am also interested in the ending.

      Delete
  16. Great list! I forgot to add Brooding YA Hero to my list! It sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brooding tweets always crack me up, so I am hoping for many laughs from that one too.

      Delete
  17. I'm looking forward to Top Ten as well. I've read two by Cotugno - one I liked a lot and one was just okay so I'm interested to give Top Ten a try and see what I think. The synopsis is definitely promising!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Warcross! I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of that one. I'm also pretty interested in Here We Are Now, especially since it has an unexpected angle on the long-lost child plot line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been hard holding off on Warcross, and I agree. The Secret dad thing has me intrigued.

      Delete
  19. SO many of these are on my TBR too! I have read Top Ten and YEP- it IS as good as it sounds :D I read it in one day, couldn't put it down. Warcross, Now is Everything, and Ringer are all ones I need to read- though I am a little iffy on Ringer because Replica was so... long? I hope you love all of these though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo hoo! So glad to hear Top Ten is good (I was worried after how many people were down on her last book). Replica/Ringer are the length I have grown to expect with SFF books. They always tend to be longer or at least the ones I pick are.

      Delete
  20. Great list! I feel like I need to read Warcross. I hope you enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warcross is getting all kinds of good buzz. I cannot wait to read it!

      Delete