Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Game Can't Love You Back - Karole Cozzo

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for The Game Can't Love You Back!

The Game Can't Love You Back
Carole Cozzo
Series: n/a
Release Date: May 15, 2018
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Waited on by: Sam
Eve is used to being the odd woman out. As the only girl on her school's baseball team, she knows exactly how to put sweaty, macho baseball players in their place, and she's focused on one thing and one thing only—being the best pitcher she can be.

But when a freak accident forces her high school to be absorbed by the neighboring town, Eve has to contend with a new group of guys who aren't used to having a woman on their team. And the new team's star pitcher, Jamie, has no interest in being ousted from his throne. He can't afford to give up his starting slot to a new pitcher—even worse, to a girl.

As the competition between Jamie and Eve starts to heat up, so does their attraction to each other. Can they keep their heads in the game, or will they end up getting played?
I have had the pleasure of reading several of Cozzo's book, and I thoroughly enjoyed them all. She has a knack for crafting beautiful storied laced with some pain, life lessons, and lots of love. I was so excited when I saw the synopsis for this book. A battle of sexes baseball style sounds like a a lot of fun to me. Add the tension that is bound to arise via their mutual attraction, and a romance that is bound to happen, and you have one happy reader in me.


Other Cozzo books I reviewed:













What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

34 comments:

  1. Oh God, I am getting such PITCH vibes from this! (Did you watch?)I hope it's a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this would be a fun springtime read, especially once baseball season is underway. I also agree with Verushka about the PITCH vibes, which is great for me because I loved that show and was so annoyed when it got cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cancellation of Pitch still makes me so angry. They always cancel all the shows I like. 😭

      Delete
  3. I have not read this author. I like the sound of this book tho. I hope you get a chance to read it.

    Mary Can’t Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve automatically sounds like a strong character if she’s the only girl on the team... and is now willing to fight for the spot of the new team. Love a girl who is willing to stand up for herself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? But it sounds like she needs to find some balance to, and enemies to more romances are always fun

      Delete
  5. This one looks great! I haven't read any Carole Cozzo books yet I will need to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the last book I read by Karole Cozzo, and this one sounds fun - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to get the last one. It looked really good.

      Delete
  7. The book and the author are both new to me, and i do like the sounds of it too. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has the makings of a great girl-power book! I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all over a book with a strong female protagnist

      Delete
  9. Looks like a nice summer read. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like a fun, summery read! I haven't read anything by this author but I've seen her books around.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Cozzo's books, that's why I feel so confident that I will enjoy this one

      Delete
  11. I love a good sports themed book, and I like that this one features a girl trying to make it in a male dominated sport. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah this one does sound really good, I completely agree. I'll bet the competition/ romance will be a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking it'll be that fun hate to more that I lurve

      Delete
  13. Hmm, this one doesn't look like it's one I'd be interested in...
    Here's our WOW: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/02/waiting-on-wednesday-olivia-twist-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love contemporary romances, so it is a great fit for me

      Delete
  14. I don't read too many sports themed stories. But I can see why this one can be fun to read. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch or play any sports these days, but I love sports themed books

      Delete
  15. This just made me miss Pitch and I will never get over that cancellation. Ginny Baker deserved better. I do like the sound of this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even though I'm not a big fan of contemporaries, I love this style of cover artwork! Plus, romance that features competition is usually a hit with me. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for contemporaries runs deep, and I think the conflict can play out in an incredible way via the competition.

      Delete
  17. Mmmmm, baseball... I'm immediately reminded of Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt, which was one of my favorite YA contemporary novels of all time. Now I want to reread that one LOL. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Sam!

    Have a lovely weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete