Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Supervillain and Me - Danielle Banas

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for The Supervillain and Me!

The Supervillain and Me
Danielle Banas
Series: Morriston Superheroes, #1
Release Date: July 10, 2019
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Waited on by: Sam
As witty as it is heartpounding, this fresh take on the beloved superhero genre is all about finding your own way to shine even when it seems everyone else around you is, well... super.

Never trust a guy in spandex.

In Abby Hamilton’s world, superheroes do more than just stop crime and save cats stuck in trees—they also drink milk straight from the carton and hog the television remote. Abby’s older brother moonlights as the famous Red Comet, but without powers of her own, following in his footsteps has never crossed her mind.

That is, until the city’s newest vigilante comes bursting into her life.

After saving Abby from an attempted mugging, Morriston’s fledgling supervillain Iron Phantom convinces her that he’s not as evil as everyone says, and that their city is under a vicious new threat. As Abby follows him deeper into their city’s darkest secrets, she comes to learn that heroes can’t always be trusted, and sometimes it’s the good guys who wear black.

Chosen by readers like you for Macmillan's young adult imprint Swoon Reads, The Supervillain and Me is a hilarious, sweet, and action-packed novel by debut author Danielle Banas that proves no one is perfect, not even superheroes.
So, that synopsis makes me think of something like this:

Meg = Abby


Though I am not a big superhero book person, this one drew me in. I love stories about people trying to find their special "something", that thing that makes them standout. I thought it was tough living in my sister's shadow, but Abby has a superhero brother, and no super powers of her own. I am interested in seeing how her life as a sidekick to a repentant supervillain plays out, because I think it will be a lot of fun.











What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

19 comments:

  1. Sam love the title of this book :)

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! It sounds like it will be a really good read, and Abby seems like she will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun! Great find, Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting book for Swoon Reads! I am not huge on the superhero books either, but I have warmed up to the genre over the last year. I can't wait to find out more about this one. Awesome pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really haven't read any superhero books before but I want to! This sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds cute. Superheros are all the rage now so the timing for this one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like so much fun! Really unique. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love to laugh when I read so this book is one I'm waiting on too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! This sounds like one that I really need in my life. Superheroes and the start of a new series...yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love superhero stories and this sounds awesome!! I will be checking it out, thanks for sharing!
    New GFC and bloglovin' follower here!
    I don't have WoW this week because I just started blogging after a hiatus, so its a comeback and reading slump tips post.
    My New Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I haven’t heard of this one but it sounds utterly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this one, but I actually really do love superhero books so this sounds awesome!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy an occasional superhero book, this is one I am going to watch for. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I remember hearing about this one! Looks like fun!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cover is adorable and the synopsis sounds great! I'm in need of a good super hero book! Thanks for putting this one on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds like so much fun. I don't read a ton of superhero books, but I think this one will be an exception. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This does sound like a super sidekick book. I wonder how she does it. Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love superhero books so this sounds right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete