Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: We Regret to Inform You - A.E. Kaplan

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for We Regret to Inform You!

We Regret to Inform You
A.E. Kaplan
Series: n/a
Release Date: August 21, 2018
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Waited on by: Sam
Mischa Abramavicius is a walking, talking, top-scoring, perfectly well-rounded college application in human form. So when she's rejected not only by the Ivies, but her loathsome safety school, she is shocked and devastated. All the sacrifices her mother made to send her to prep school, the late nights cramming for tests, the blatantly résumé-padding extracurriculars (read: Students for Sober Driving) ... all that for nothing.

As Mischa grapples with the prospect of an increasingly uncertain future, she questions how this could have happened in the first place. Is it possible that her transcript was hacked? With the help of her best friend and sometimes crush, Nate, and a group of eccentric techies known as "The Ophelia Syndicate," Mischa launches an investigation that will shake the quiet community of Blanchard Prep to its stately brick foundations.
Reasons why I want to read this book:
  • When I first read this synopsis, How I Got Into College, popped into my head. It was a very funny teen movie from back in the day, which showed all the stress associated with applying to college and waiting for those acceptance and rejection letters. This movie was hilarious, so if the book is anything like it, it will be fun.

  • A thin envelope was the kiss of death. 

  • Of course I want to read Kaplan's new book, since my prior experience was such a good one. I was a fan of Kaplan's debut, Grendel's Guide to Love and War. This book was so much fun, but also very heartfelt. I loved the characters and really enjoyed the book. 
  • There is something in the blurb that has my curiosity piqued as well. What are they investigating? How will it shake the school up? Inquiring minds want to know. 
  • Girl hackers, a conspiracy, possible unrequited love -- it all sounds like parts that could add up to a great whole package. 
I know I am eager to read this book!










What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

22 comments:

  1. Sam, hey -- things are going haywire with my commenting today, sorry if you get a whole heap from me! Was just saying this sounds like a very compelling book, and I am BUSTING to know hwo their investigations shakes the foundations of the school and community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious too. I love a good nefarious plot.

      Delete
  2. This is a new one to me! I like the sounds of the investigating and hacking. I hope it's as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the debut by accident last year, and want to read more from Kaplan. The bonus is that the book sounds great.

      Delete
  3. Well, this sounds really fun! I love a good mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been lucky with mysteries this year, so I am hoping the streak continues.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like my kind of book, and my curiosity is piqued too. I want to know if her transcript was actually hacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You usually liked the same books as me, and your vote of confidence makes me think we will both enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. New for my TBR! I'm waiting now on this book too. Yes, thin envelopes are bad--I still get them for my submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that bad new always comes in thin envelopes? Glad this one sounds interesting to you too.

      Delete
  6. This one sounds fun! I love the mystery involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. But it's even better. It's a gang of girl hackers.

      Delete
  8. Nice pick! Not my kind of read but I hope you positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh yaaas! I've never heard of this before, but now it's going on my TBR! I love girl hackers, plus I just the experience of receiving the nerve-wracking college acceptance letters. I'm hoping this book's both witty and deep!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only applied to one school, so I only experienced this vicariously though my daughter, but it was still stressful. That is exactly what I like - both fun and deep. I am all about balance.

      Delete
  10. This is the first time that I have heard of this book. It sounds like it has a lot of amazing elements. Yay for more upper YA novels. I am finding that there are so many of them releasing these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaplan's last book incorporated some interesting and different elements, and I was pleasantly surprised to see she is doing that again.

      Delete