Sunday, October 20, 2013

Live Blogging The House of Hades: Chapters 31-40

what the hades is even going on in my life anymore???

Chapter 31 continued in Percy's POV, and as much as I love Percy, this whole section of the book made me sad. PERCY WAS SO HURT AND ANNABETH WAS SUDDENLY BLINDED AND THERE WAS SO MUCH STRESS ON MY POOR POOR HEART. Every time Bob the Titan comes to the rescue it makes me love the sweet guy even more.

Also like what the eff Rick like lines like this are not okay: "Annabeth took his face in her hands. She kissed him and tried to wipe the dust and sweat from his eyes."  like uhm EXCUSE YOU RICK that kind of percabeth shit is only okay when they're happy and safe. If you do it like this, it is so heartwrenching it hurts. Halt with this immediately please.

And then, we got to Jason.

Jason is one of my favorite and also one of my most frustrating characters in this series. While he's great and kind and a fabulous fighter and flier, HE'S NOT WITH REYNA, WHOM I LOVE DEARLY. I don't want to give a lot of spoilers for this section but let me just tell you IT WAS A SHIPPER'S ELYSIUM. oh gods. I am not even kidding you when I tell you I went "OOOOOOOOOH" out loud while reading this part. I don't even care that I sounded like a 12 year old guy. Those are the feels.

Annabeth rounded out these last few chapters with more percabeth that made me want to sob and beat Rick Riordan to a pulp for making them suffer. Percy and Annabeth are always full of boundless wit, which is what got them so far through Tartarus, and it continues to help them. Their ridiculous taunting of Damasen the giant saves their lives yet again. Go percabeth. In these few chapters, Percabeth, Bob, and Small Bob (a cute kitten they found in the depths of Tartarus) found a cozy place to stay and rebuild their energies after yet another attack. Thank the gods for warm cozy huts and food in Tartarus.


No comments:

Post a Comment