Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: World After - Susan Ee

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I'm waiting on World After by Susan Ee

World After
Susan Ee
Series:  Penryn & The End of Days
Release Date:  19th November 2013
Publisher: Hodder & Stroughton
Waited on by: Marlon
On Goodreads

In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


Angelfall was one of those books I just picked off of Amazon's recommendations list after buying Insurgent and I didn't read it until I found myself lacking in physical books but with plenty of e-books to spare. I started it and finished it along with HOUSE OF ZUEZDAMN HADES but that's literally a different story altogether.

That story goes like this: 




But seriously if you have a couple of hours just go. Angelfall right now. Because I need more people to wait on this book with me, I'm so hyped. Or maybe that's just chapter three of House of Hades . . .

Right. So. What made the last book amazing was the simple fact that it runs just like a YA novel about angels and monsters and starving teenage girls with sisters to save. But it also had this aura about, like when you read a book and you can't just help think it's a little bit more magical than you expect a string of letters to be. It's actiony, romancy, paranormally, thrillery goodness and you should check it out.

Oh, and there's apocalypse-ridden plgoodness. Susan Ee is my spirit animal and I will be definitely reviewing later for more details but anyway. The ending to Angelfall was kind of maddening. I still haven't decided if it was good or not and I seriously need to know what happens thereafter. Dear Poseidon, is that too much to ask for? Can authors these days give us straightforward endings? Nah, that's too lame.

What I'm trying to say is, House of Hades - I mean World After is going to be amazing to anyone who appreciates decent YA fantasy thrillery nonsense (with a smidge too much in the way of witty comments).

- Marlon

What are YOU waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment