Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stuffed Animal Sunday: Tell Me Three Things - Julie Buxbaum

Stuffed Animal Saturday is a meme that we post here at We Live and Breathe Books to showcase the book we're currently reading with one of our favorite stuffed animals and discuss our stuffed animal's opinion (well, it's really our opinion, but that's besides the point). We hope you enjoy our quirky feature as much as we enjoy writing it!

Ok, so I got really excited last night about starting this book, and I thought to myself, "I should do a Stuffed Animal Saturday post tomorrow!" Cue me waking up and realizing it was actually Sunday. I blame spring break for my complete lack of awareness of time. Anyway, Sloth was really excited and still wanted to do the post, and how could I deny Sloth making his return to the blog for another week? I couldn't. And so here we are: Stuffed Animal Sunday!


First order of business is to introduce Sloth's new sloth friend! His name is French Fry, and he's a nice little sloth. French Fry isn't quite as adventurous as Sloth, but he still loves to read! This Sunday, we're reading Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum!

So far: Sloth and I got Tell Me Three Things at Yallfest a few months back. (I will eventually make a post about Yallfest. I promise.) Since things are slowing down for the school year, with spring break and all my show commitments coming to an end, we finally got a chance to dive into it! So far, Sloth and French Fry really like it! It's a good mix of heartfelt and light hearted, and we're excited to keep reading!

Sneak peek: Since I'm actually writing this after reading more than just the blurb, I could pick something from farther into the book; however, the very first paragraph is so compelling that I knew I wanted to use it for this post right from the beginning - after I got Sloth and French Fry's approval, of course.
Seven hundred and thirty-three days after my mom died, forty-five days after my dad eloped with a stranger he met on the Internet, thirty days after we then up and moved to California, and only seven days after starting as a junior at a brand-new school where I know approximately no one, an email arrives. Which would be weird, an anonymous letter just popping up like that in my in-box, signed with the bizarre alias Somebody Nobody, no less, except my life has become to unrecognizable lately that nothing feels shocking anymore. It took until now - seven hundred and thirty-three whole days in which I've felt the opposite of normal - for me to discover this one important life lesson: turns out you can grow immune to weird.
Tell Me Three Things comes out on April 5th, so look out for a review soon!

- Kiersten

Are you and your stuffed animal reading anything interesting? 
Let us know in your own Stuffed Animal Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment