Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cover Cosmetics: Angelfall - Susan Ee

Hello and welcome to this week's Cover Cosmetics! Cover Cosmetics is a meme that we host here at We Live and Breathe Books in which I take inspiration from a book cover to do a makeup look. This week, to commemorate the release of World After by Susan Ee, I'm doing a look inspired by the cover of the first book in the Penryn & the End of Days series, Angelfall. I really loved Angelfall (reviewed by Marlon here), and I can't wait to read World After!

The cover:


The makeup:


I knew the cover of Angelfall was pretty but I didn't realize how pretty it was until I looked closer for doing this makeup look. The cover is composed of a beautiful mix of gold, bronze, steel blue, and darker blue, which I wanted to incorporate into my makeup. The colors don't show up as well as I had hoped in the photo, but the makeup shifts from a gold-ish/copper-ish to brown on the lid and from a steel blue to dark blue in the crease.

- Kiersten

What did you think of this week's look?
Let us know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Professional makeup artist quality cosmetics. Offering more than 100 shades for
    eyes, lips and face…everything a makeup addict can't live without.
    Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end broke my heart. … O so may are damaged, so much hope is lost and the horror that the angels wreck on the world had my skin crawling.

    nokia lumia 521 review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just decided to create a blog, which I have been wanting to do for a while. Thanks for this post, it's really useful! certified organic skincare

    ReplyDelete