Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Things Jolie Needs to Do Before She Bites It - Kerry Winfrey

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for Things Jolie Needs to Do Before She Bites It!

Things Jolie Needs to Do Before She Bites It
Kerry Winfrey
Series: n/a
Release Date: July 10, 2018
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Waited on by: Sam
Months before her underbite corrective surgery, Jolie decides she needs to live life to the fullest—just in case the surgery doesn’t go as expected in this funny and honest YA novel.

Jolie's a lot of things, but she knows that pretty isn't one of them. She has mandibular prognathism, which is the medical term for underbite. Chewing is a pain, headaches are a common occurrence, and she’s never been kissed. She’s months out from having a procedure to correct her underbite, and she cannot wait to be fixed.

While her family watches worst-case scenario TV shows, Jolie becomes paralyzed with the fear that she could die under the knife. She and her best friends Evelyn and Derek decide to make a THINGS JOLIE NEEDS TO DO BEFORE SHE BITES IT (WHICH IS SUPER UNLIKELY BUT STILL IT COULD HAPPEN) list. Things like: eat every appetizer on the Applebee’s menu and kiss her crush, Noah Reed. Their plan helps Jolie discover what beauty truly means to her.
Kerry Winfrey's debut, Love and Other Alien Experiences, was such a delightful read for me. Therefore, I was eagerly anticipating new work from her. When I heard about his book, a smile instantly graced my face, because I was so in love with the concept.

Bucket lists are always tons of fun, and even if the protagonist's fear is sort of irrational, I still love that she is going to attempt this list. The few list items mentioned in the synopsis sound full of promise and I cannot wait to join Jolie as she embarks on this pre-surgery adventure!











What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is new to me but love the way it sounds. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is new to me but it sounds wonderful. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her first book was fabulous! It was fun and sweet and adorable. I am hoping for more the same here.

      Delete
  3. This sounds fun - I think it's pretty relatable to be really nervous before a surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and the whole bucket list thing, though OTT, will be fun.

      Delete
  4. Aw, this does sound fun. I do love a good bucket list!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And I think there will be a lot of growth due to the items she is including on that list.

      Delete
  5. That's a new to me one! Fun cover too! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that this one doesn’t involve a terminal illness. It sounds so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only so many of those books I can handle. That was how I felt when I read Kasey and Ivy. I was so worried they were going to make her terminal, but her illness ended up not being too series. I was like, "Whew!"

      Delete
  7. This sounds like such a cute and fun read. That cover is fabulous too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me + Fun = match made in heaven. I love the fun books, and am totally looking forward to this one.

      Delete
  8. I love that neon lettering on the cover! This author is new to me. The book definitely sounds fun. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Sam!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is definitely fun, and I hope it reflects what I will find in the story.

      Delete
  9. I love the bucket list idea! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read a book with bucket lists that I have not enjoyed.

      Delete
  10. I always love a good bucket list read and this one just sounds so fun and humorous. And it seems like it might say something about beauty as well. I am eager to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buckets lists ARE always great, and I know Winfrey can deliver on the humor and fun.

      Delete