This post is for sharing what I read last week, what I am currently reading, and what I plan to read.
What I Read Last Week
I had a decent reading week. No 5-star reads, but plenty of good, solid books. I was quite delighted by Duels and Deception, and it was my favorite of the week. Keepsake is the last book in the True North series, and it was another solid addition to a series that has surprised me. Who knew I would love all these damaged heroes so much?
Is it me, or does there seem to be so many books that have social media outraged? Ramona Blue appears to have been a victim of the 1 star reviews due to one of its plot points, that was reveal in the original blurb. It's kind of a shame, because for me, it was story with this positive message about not putting yourself in a box and living beyond the labels. That you can grow and change and that your future is not predetermined. The main character's sexually is just one of the things about herself that she begins to question, but it's become the focus. -- sigh --
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman - ★★★ 1/2
- Deacon Locke Went to Prom by Brian Katcher- ★★★ 1/2
- Ever After by Jude Deveraux - ★★★ 1/2
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey - ★★★★
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy - ★★★★
- Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson - ★★★★
- Keepsake by Sarina Bowen - ★★★★
What I Am Currently Reading
I am listening to Stand-Off for my Monthly Motif Reading Challenge. For April, the book must have won a literary award or be written by an author who has been recognized by the bookish community. I selected this book, because I read and loved the first book (Winger) and Andrew Smith is a Printz Award winner. I am super excited about my reading selection: A Million Junes. Emily Henry debut, The Love That Split the World was one of my favorite 2015 reads, therefore, I was so excited when I was able to get an early copy of AMJ via the First to Read program. I am about one third into this book, and it is beautiful and magical. *heart-eyes*
What I Plan to Read
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- Songs About a Girl by Chris Russell
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park
What are you reading?
Let us know in the comments!