Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Way You Make Me Feel - Maurene Goo

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for The Way You Make Me Feel!

The Way You Make Me Feel
Maurene Goo
Series: n/a
Release Date: May 8, 2018
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Waited on by: Sam
From the author of I Believe in a Thing Called Love, a laugh-out-loud story of love, new friendships, and one unique food truck.

Clara Shin lives for pranks and disruption. When she takes one joke too far, her dad sentences her to a summer working on his food truck, the KoBra, alongside her uptight classmate Rose Carver. Not the carefree summer Clara had imagined. But maybe Rose isn't so bad. Maybe the boy named Hamlet (yes, Hamlet) crushing on her is pretty cute. Maybe Clara actually feels invested in her dad’s business. What if taking this summer seriously means that Clara has to leave her old self behind?

With Maurene Goo's signature warmth and humor, The Way You Make Me Feel is a relatable story of falling in love and finding yourself in the places you’d never thought to look.
It didn't take much for me to put this one on my TBR, but if I was pitching it, this is what I would say:
  • Goo's last book, I Believe in a Thing Called Love, was so wonderful. I loved the protagonist and laughed so much. It was also very heartwarming and gave me all sorts of awesome feels. 
  • These characters sound pretty awesome, and after reading Goo's last book, I know that she can write fabulous characters, who I cannot wait to meet. 
  • Let's be truthful, that cover is awesome. 
  • This line from the synopsis -->"a laugh-out-loud story of love, new friendships, and one unique food truck."
  • A reformed prankster? I'm interested.
  • A sweet, sweet romance with a boy named Hamlet. I don't really care what his name is, but I am all in for a good romance. 
  • It's a summer book, and summer books are always fun. And you know who likes fun books? This girl. 

Those are my reasons for wanting to read this book, and since I can't get this out of my head, I am going to share it with you.











What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

38 comments:

  1. That cover is indeed awesome and the thought of her and Rose stuck in a food truck? I think it might be fun to see their relationship evolve. I also like the addition of the Dad and yes, Hamlet too lol It just sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope to see a good female friendship, because I love seeing that in books.

      Delete
  2. Haha, the Michael Jackson song popped into my head as soon as I read the title. I don't know why but the food truck made me chuckle too. This sounds like a really cute read. I could easily see myself reading it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song infested my brain while I wrote this post. I like the food truck setting, and what is more summery, than a summer job story.

      Delete
  3. What a great find. It sounds like a really good one. Clara sounds like a handful. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very intrigued by her, and Goo writes such amusing heroines.

      Delete
  4. I didn't read her last one yet but this sounds really good too. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her last book was so cute! The cover is awesome. I love the colors and the model too.

      Delete
  5. This definitely sounds like a cute summer read! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun read! I love the reformed prankster idea! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping we get to hear about some of her pranks too.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great beach read! I hope you get a chance to read it!

    Mary Can’t Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of want to read beach reads all the time. They are just the perfect way to pass my time.

      Delete
  8. This sounds really cute! And I love a food truck being involved. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious what kind of food the food truck serves. What can I say, I like food.

      Delete
  9. I think this one indeed sounds like a summer book. And food trucks are fun - to eat at and also likely to read about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like food trucks. I was obsessed with the food truck show on the Food Network.

      Delete
  10. Nice. and a food truck, plus a prankster and a summer setting? Sounds very fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is stunning. I haven't heard of Maurene Goo, but I'll have to check it out.
    Here's our WOW: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/02/waiting-on-wednesday-this-tiny-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is Goo's 3rd book. I didn't read her first book, but I adored her second. It was so cute and fun.

      Delete
  12. Yup! As soon as I saw this title, Michael was singing in my head! Lol!! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planting earwigs is a thing my co-worker and I always do to each other. I just couldn't help myself.

      Delete
  13. I am almost always in the mood for a cute summer romance read! And I haven't read I Believe in a Thing Called Love yet, but the Asians on both that cover and this definitely have me hooked already! ;)

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Summer romances are so fun. I believe the MC and the love interest are both Asian in this book.

      Delete
  14. Before I even dropped down to the video, I had that song in my head. Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see this book somewhere, it results in me hearing that song in my head for an eternity.

      Delete
  15. This does sound good. Gotta love a book that make you laugh + pranks. I hope you enjoy this one, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I saw this one on NetGalley! I've not read anything by this author but I've heard excellent things about her previous book. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great week, Sam. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally adored Goo's previous book. I am keeping my fingers crossed I can get an early copy of this one.

      Delete
  17. I keep seeing this one everywhere and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! The cover is in fact awesome, and a book about food trucks is a book after my own heart (really though any book including food is lol). Great pick, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macmillan and their wish books are making me nuts. You have gotten lucky with the wishes, though, so maybe you'll get it. If you do, let me know how it is. XP

      Delete
  18. I just finished IBiaTCL yesterday, and it totally hit the spot, so now I'm excited for this one too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book was so fun! Desi was a sort of I Love Lucy-Lucy for me. She had that slapstick comedic thing going, but the story also had a lot of heart. Her dad was a total sweetheart, and I adored him and Desi together. I am hoping for a whole lot of that kind of vibe.

      Delete