Monday, June 5, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 5, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus.

This post is for sharing what I read last week, what I am currently reading, and what I plan to read.

What I Read Last Week

This weekend was jam packed with BookCon. I really enjoyed the panels and scored some awesome ARCs. My most prized book being One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake. One of my fellow WLABBers, Kiersten, went to BEA, and was quite successful. I now have almost all the books from my last TTT thanks to her *YEAH!* As a matter of fact, when she met with Swoon Reads, they actually brought a copy of Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman just for me after seeing my TTT! I was so touched.

I did NOT read a ton of books, as I knew I wouldn't, but it was still a good reading week. Wonder was by far my favorite read of the week. It was so touching and beautiful. If you have not read this book, read it now!



What I Am Currently Reading

My library loan FINALLY came up for The Hating Game, and so far, it's quite fun. I am enjoying this love/hate relationship. I am also listening to another Lucky Harbor book, and this one is set with the same "friend group" as the last two, and, as always, it's making me happy.



What I Plan to Read

I am working through some of my July ARCs. I was really looking forward to Aftercare Instructions  so I hope it meets my expectations. I am also working on Diverse Books Reading Challenge. This months mini challenge is to read a book that focuses on sexuality/gender identity. I selected Gracefully Grayson, because it is about a trans girl's journey and also has tons of glowing reviews.










What are you reading?
Let us know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I went to Bookcon two years ago - a lot of fun!! Glad you had a good time and got some ARCs. I LOVED The Hating Game and hope you enjoy it. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished The Hating Game on the train. Loved It!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoyed Bookcon! I have heard a lot of great things about Wonder by R.J. Palacio I need to pick that up! I loved The Hating Game it was all the banter that made it a cute fast fun read! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started reading The Hating Game, I thought it needed Josh's pic, but then I realized how much more impactful all the reveals were by not being in his head. I really enjoyed it, and hope to read more from Thorne.

      Delete
  3. Wonder is such a great book. I read it cover to cover in a single evening without coming up for air. I have heard great things about The Hating Game. Enjoy this week's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read very little MG, so I put Wonder off for so long, and then WOW!

      Delete
  4. Looking froward to reading Wonder; as well as, seeing the movie that is coming! Have you seen the previews? I am in hopes that they are both equally good! COnnecting with #IMWYR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The previews are epic and I love the casting for the parents. They are perfect

      Delete