Saturday, February 11, 2017

Stuffed Animal Saturday: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You - Ally Carter

Stuffed Animal Saturday is a meme that we post here at We Live and Breathe Books to showcase the book we're currently reading with one of our favorite stuffed animals and discuss our stuffed animal's opinion (well, it's really our opinion, but that's besides the point). We hope you enjoy our quirky feature as much as we enjoy writing it!

This Saturday, Pretty Princess and I are reading I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You.


Blurb from Goodreads: 
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.



A photo posted by Sam Kozbial (@kozbisa) on



So far:

This month's #MonthlyMotif challenge was to read a book involving spies, detectives, PIs, or a character in disguise. I have to say, it took me a while to find a book we had that fit the bill. I decided on this Gallager Girl book, because we have a bunch of Ally Carter books, and I have been meaning to get to them. *Averts eyes in shame*

So far, I am pleased with my choice. I may have mentioned this before, but I read for escape. I love light and fluffy books without too much drama, and this one is giving me just that. It's a very sweet first romance type book with the added twist of the heroine being a genius spy in training. The concept is fun, and Carter does a great job presenting life as a Gallagher Girl. I find it quite amusing, when Cammie's train of thought seems like any average teenaged girl, but then the next comment shows her spy entrenched side.

Currently, her two sides are warring with each other, as she wrestles with where her loyalties reside. The boy or the Gallagher Girls?! It's a struggle and has just the right amount of drama I am in the mood for today.


Are you and your 
stuffed animal reading anything interesting? 
Let us know in your own 
Stuffed Animal Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment