Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Upside of Unrequited

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.

The Upside of Unrequited
BeckAlbertalli
Release Date: April 11, 2017
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Waited on by: Sam

Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love. No matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can’t stomach the idea of rejection. So she’s careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.

Then a cute new girl enters Cassie’s orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly’s cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly's totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is. Luckily, Cassie's new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. If Molly can win him over, she'll get her first kiss and she'll get her twin back.

There's only one problem: Molly's coworker, Reid. He's a chubby Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there's absolutely no way Molly could fall for him.

Right?




Albertalli dazzled with back in 2015 with Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. She was this fresh voice with so many incredible things to say. The story was honest and real and funny and adorable and charming. I devoured Simon with a HUGE smile on my face, and have been eagerly awaiting new work from her.

Me after reading Simon

When I first heard about Upside, I was excited, simply because it was a new book by Albertalli. Then I read the description, and I got even more excited. This is another story that will be important to many people, and I trust Albertalli to tell it right, just as she did with Simon.




What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. WAITING FOR THIS ONE TOO! I hope it's as good as I am hoping it to be!

    xx Anisha (sprinkledpages.blogspot.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the bloggers I follow have been raving about it, so I am sure we are in for a treat.

      Delete