Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday: Lucky in Love - Kasie West

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tessa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week I can't wait for Lucky in Love by Kasie West.

Lucky in Love
Kasie West
Series: n/s
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Publisher: Scholastic
Waited on by: Sam

In this new contemporary from YA star Kasie West, a girl who wins the lottery learns that money can cause more problems than it solves, especially when love comes into the picture.

Maddie doesn't believe in luck. She's all about hard work and planning ahead. But one night, on a whim, she buys a lottery ticket. And then, to her astonishment --

She wins!

In a flash, Maddie's life is unrecognizable. No more stressing about college scholarships. Suddenly, she's talking about renting a yacht. And being in the spotlight at school is fun... until rumors start flying, and random people ask her for loans. Now, Maddie isn't sure who she can trust.

Except for Seth Nguyen, her funny, charming coworker at the local zoo. Seth doesn't seem aware of Maddie's big news. And, for some reason, she doesn't want to tell him. But what will happen if he learns her secret?

With tons of humor and heart, Kasie West delivers a million-dollar tale of winning, losing, and falling in love.


You know what I always say, KWest is best. Kasie West is one of my favorites and sits on a short-list of authors, who have never disappointed me. Seriously, when I go to the Kasie West page on GoodReads this is what I find:


So, obviously, I enjoy her books. It's comforting for me to know, that I can depend on West to deliver just the right combination of happiness, tears, angst, and swoon. Lucky in Love sounds like it will be another winner for me, and many bloggers whom I follow, and have been very blessed with ARCs of this book, are posting 5-star reviews. This is just making this KWest fangirl even more rabid for Lucky in Love. 










What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

30 comments:

  1. I've only read one book by Kasie West so far, which was P.S. I Like You and I was so pleasantly surprised by it that I definitely want to read more books by her. This one, of course, is one of them!

    My Cant-Wait post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I Like You was great! I first discovered the greatness of KWest back in 2015 with The Distance Between Us, and it was love at first read. I liked the diversity she showed with the Pivot Point books. They still had all the true marks of a West book, but it had that SFF little something extra with the alternate timeline.

      Delete
  2. It's kind of the ebst daydream to have a lottery win take away your troubles, isn't it? But reality is hardly like that, I guess. This has such cuteness written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always read about bad things happening to lottery winners, but I would still like to win and see how it goes for myself. 😉

      Delete
  3. I've seen a bit of hype around this one! I don't usually read contemporary, but I hope you love it!

    Here's my can't-wait read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a contemporary ho. Love them! If you like cute romances, you can't go wrong with West.

      Delete
  4. HAHA! My Goodreads profile for Kasie West pretty much looks the same. Definitely excited for this new one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love Kasie West. The only one I haven't read yet is PS I Like You. But I'll get to it for sure. Hope we both enjoy this one!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the covers of Kasie West's books, but I have yet to read one. And I even got to meet her, ran and picked up a Dr. Pepper for her at ApollyCon back in March as well. Great pick!
    Check out my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fangirl dream right there. I love contemporaries and am partial to the lighter stuff, so she is perfect for me.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read nearly as many KWest books as you but I've really enjoyed the ones I've read. My hands-down fave is P.S. I Like You. Sooo adorable! OMG, the cuteness was killing me. :) And I'm super excited for Lucky In Love.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KWest does the cute so well. I will read anything she writes

      Delete
  8. I've only read two of West's books, The Fill in Boyfriend which I didn't really like that much and By Your Side, which I really enjoyed! I like the sound of this one, but I want to read P.S. I Like You First. Great pick this week. Hopefully I'll be reading more of West soon and loving them like you have! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I Like You was really cute. It has that secret letter writing thing and is friends to lovers. I liked it, but then again, I liked them all.

      Delete
  9. Great pick! I used this for a WoW post a few weeks ago and can't wait to read it as well. I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/05/waiting-on-wednesday-starlight-nights.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This will be my reward to myself after I finish final exams I can't wait to start it. Like you, I've enjoyed all of West's previous books. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Sam. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be an ah-mazing reward! Good luck on your exams. =)

      Delete
  11. I have an ARC of this and I'm excited to read it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous. I can't wait to see what you think.

      Delete
  12. Oooh! I just featured this one a few weeks ago! I'm also excited for this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read another Kasie West book soon. I have only read one and it was just ok for me but I do need to give her another try. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fluffy-contemporary-romance lover, so her books really work for me. The books have enough substance to keep them interesting, but there's a lot of hearts-flowers-rainbows-etc and that is what really works for me.

      Delete
  14. Katie West books are on my tbr. I will get to them soon! Soon! So many books so little time!!
    Here's my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's going on my grave! "On my TBR. I will get to them soon!" -- I totally understand the struggle, because I want to read them all! =)

      Delete
  15. This book seems very cute! I've only tried to read Pivot Point and it didn't go over very well. Maybe I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like cute contemporary reads, you cannot go wrong with West.

      Delete