Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus.

This post is for sharing what I read last week, what I am currently reading, and what I plan to read.

What I Read Last Week

This week, I added 2 books to my favorites shelf: Spellbook of the Lost and Found and Words in Deep Blue. Fowley-Doyle delivered magical story in Spellbook. It was all there again, the captivating story, the beautiful writing, the complex characters. She has earned her place on my auto-buy list. Words in Deep Blue is my first Crowley novel, and I now want to read everything she has written. This was such a beautiful story of a girl working through her grief. It was filled with love and hope and banter and books! A second hand bookshop one of the auxiliary characters in this story, and there are tons of bookish discussions. I loved every second of it.



What I Am Currently Reading

My current audiobook is another Julie James. She can write books about lawyers and FBI agents, and I will read/listen to every one. I am reading Follow Me Back, which is a mystery told through tweets, DMs, and police transcripts. I always find stories told in multiple formats entertaining, but I just started this book, so I don't have much to say yet.



What I Plan to Read

I planned less books this week, because ACOWAR comes out Tuesday, and it has quite a few pages, but I am SO EXCITED to read it. I am also looking forward to reading Everything All at Once, as early reviews are very positive, and also stoked to read Saints and Misfits. I am reading Saints for my Diverse Reads Challenge, as I am challenged to read a book with religious diversity. This one caught my eye, because it was blurbed as a novel "that feels like a modern day My So-Called Life…starring a Muslim teen." I'm in!










What are you reading?
Let us know in the comments!

15 comments:

  1. I am also excited to see Court of Wings and Ruin is coming out this week. Thanks for sharing the other titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I may not make it to tomorrow. I need ACOWAR now!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, check out all of these books! Two new books on the favourites shelf? That's a lot, both Words in Deep Blue and Spellbook of the Lost and Found are on my TBR so I'm even more eager to get my hands on copies. I am still behind on my Maas reading, I've not read ACOMAF so I can't believe the next book is coming out! I will have to hide away for a few days and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Seriously. I want to stand on street corners and preach about how good Words in Deep Blue was, and I will do that after I read every book Crowley has written. I was so blown away by that book. It made me so happy. Me and ACOWAR have a date tomorrow morning. Even if I don't finish my current book tonight, I am starting ACOWAR tomorrow. I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of "Spellbook of the Lost and Found." I haven't heard anything about that book, but now I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a fan of Fowley-Doyle's books. Oddly enough, my daughter had won an ARC of her first book, and I won an ARC of Spellbook (which I am giving away, since I already had a DRC and I want to spread the love.)

      Delete
  4. Words in Deep Blue sounds good.

    Saturday was my the junior to cadette bridging ceremony in San Francisco. My daughter and I are sore and sunburnt from our adventure but we had fun. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words in Deep Blue was everything! It was the perfect combination of humor, angst, sadness, romance, and joy.

      Delete
  5. I do like books told in a variety of formats so I am looking forward to your thoughts of Follow Me Back. Enjoy this week's reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book last night, and I liked it. It was a RUDE cliffy, but I liked the way the author utilized the police transcripts. I got so lost in the romance, I needed those parts to bring me back to the nefarious part of the plot.

      Delete
  6. Love that cover of Perennials. And Romancing the Throne looks interesting as well! Everything All At Once looks neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perennials did have a great cover and it was an interesting character study. (My thoughts here). I liked Romancing the Throne a lot more than other people. It had great parts and a really strong ending. Overall, a decent read.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely need Spellbook of the Lost and Found in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! Oddly enough, I have two ARCs, and I only read the DRC. I may do an early giveaway, because I enjoyed this book so much.

      Delete
  8. I received review copies of the Sarah Maas series - I should get to them soonest. :)

    ReplyDelete